Wednesday, February 15, 2006

15th February

It is with a sad heart that I write this blog. On the 13th at 3:20pm, my father-in-law, a truly great man passed away. It was not unexpectead, and in some ways it was a relief, he was surrounded by family and friends and passed quietly.
He fought in the war, he was a police officer for years, he had a family, had a loving wife who passed a few years ago, was a christian but most of all was my friend, a man I respected and admired, we did not always share the same views on who should win at rugby or what was the best way to do things, but we could always talk about our differences and discuss frankly the world and everything in it.
Judes has lost a father, and I feel for her I really do. She loved him and as she would say it feels like her heart has been torn out and ripped to shreds. I do everything I can to help, be there for her, listen to her, comfort and support her, but in my more selfish moments I think, what about me, ok he was not my father, but he was my friend. I have suffered a loss too, a big loss, my heart aches too. I want him back as well.
Still he is at peace now, and is no longer in any pain, I truly believe that. I need to believe that I think. Anyway the funeral is next tuesday at 10:30am, I do not know if I will get a chance to write anything else this week, the keyboard got wet enough writing this bit.

Hope all is well in cyber land

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

4:03 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home