Wednesday, May 04, 2005

May 3rd continued.

Firstly, thank you people for you kind comments.
I am glad I prepaired myself for more bad news today as guess what, it was not long in coming. Our VW beetle had to go in for an MOT, although fairly sure it would not pass we sent it off. What we was not expecting was the MOT station to phone us and tell us a) It needs about £1000 welding and b) There is no VIN number so it would not be able to get an MOT anyway.
I spoke to the mechanic and said erm........I think you have that wrong (or words similer to that) as the mechanic was trying to tell me that the beetle needed welding to the seals and front chasis, having raced beetles for several years I know beetles dont have seals or chasis as such. So we are at a stalemate, we dont have the money to get the beetle repaired up here, I cant drive it to my beetle experts down Essex way and I dont know anyone that will a) transport it or b) lend me a car trailer to take it down there on. So I guess thinking a little bit more about that.

We went and picked our SAAB up today from the police pound after soco had finished with it, another £105 and a 25 mile journey to another garage and that ordeal is over, well I hope it is. It looks like the garage will buy it off us as it is, although we have now discovered that the thieves have smashed it into something as the front of the car is all bent in and out of shape!!!!!! So we are now a one car family, well techniquely we are still a 3 car family, just two dont work. I havew already started canceling stuff this week as we can not make some of the meetings with only one car, it is a right pain in the arse to be frank.

Still another day down, we retire quite early to bed as we are both shattered, I think it was about 10, which for us is very early. I lay there and watch Judes fall asleep, I smile to myself as you can see her physically relax. I close my eyes and do some breathing and relaxing exercises, I drift off to sleep. I wake with a physical jump, my hearts pounding and I am sweating. It takes me a couple of moments to gather my thoughts and for me to calm down enough to breathe properly. I look at Judes and she is asleep. Its 11:25, I had been asleep for less than 50 mins. This is becoming a joke, I cant even sleep for an hour before I have nightmares, I drift fitfully into and out of sleep all night long, never sleeping for more than 30 mins at a time. I hate the night so much.

Tomorrow is Judes birthday, I look forward to it, and hope she likes her presents. She is in a foul mood today, and says she hates me, she has had a bad night as well. I smile and tell her I love her. Today is gonna be a bastard of a day, both of us are tired and we have a full day with the possibility of Judes going to work tonight on the night shift as well. It sucks.

Be well and Be safe folks................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home