Wednesday, April 27, 2005

April 26th

See post below for who you should vote for link, my outcome was Green...............OMG I am a Greeny, mind you considering that I have been known on the net as Green Castle for several years, perhaps its not such a surprise........ Anyways I think I will vote Lib Dem, this might sound like an easy choice and a good way to hang parliment, (I think we may actually end up with a hung parliment this year, you never know) but for me is an amazing thing to do. You see, I was brought up a Conservative, I have worked the polling stations for them, been a runner for them, picked people up and taken them to polling stations so they can vote, have campaigned for them, been to the count for them. As you can see I was/am true blue. This year however I am voting Lib Dem, for several reasons, I dont rate MH as a good leader, I dont agree with some of there plans for the NHS, Tony and Co have had long enough to sort it out and are failing miserably (and turning us into america!!). So Lib Dem it is, as much as a protest vote as anything else. (Unless Prescott thumps someone, then I may have to vote Labour just for the commedy factor)

Anyways, thanks to Caroline for the link (i nicked it off her blog). So today, what has happened today, well surprisingly it rained, all day. So thats the end of the summer up here in the peak district, was a nice 4 days tho. I have spent somewhere in the region of 10 hours sat in front of a pc 'fixing' it for a friend. Unpaid and tedious as it is a P2 with 128k ram. So it takes forever to load stuff onto it, and he is to tight to buy a new one. Still he is a friend so I do it with a smile on my face, well ok, maybe a grimace.

Hmmmmmm temptation, I have stopped smoking (again) which is annoying people around me no end. I can stop anytime I want to, I do not suffer from any withdrawal affects, I dont get cravings, I just make a choice. Judes tried to stop with me, she is the opposite however and craves and becomes grumpy and has a real hard time. She gave up after 2 days and is smoking again. Probably did not help with me rambling on about nicotine addictions and psychological factors.
I have always had this annoying ability to stop taking whatever addictive substance I am using at that time. I discovered this when I was younger (and even dumber than I am now), I have used and abused Acid, Speed, Base, Heroin, Canabis, Cocaine oh and canabis (it does not affect your memory, honest). With all of them except heroin, stopping was just a choice, you made it, you stopped. Heroin was different, I made the choice and I stopped. Then I started again, I could not shake it, I went through cold turkey 3 times in a space of 2 years without any help from anyone or telling anybody about it. You see what people dont realise is that you can be addicted to a drug and using it in quite high quantities and still function within normal parameters as long as you are careful. I was running pubs, pubs which erm where not that nice and had drugs problems and violence issues, I was set up. It was easy to come by, relatively cheap and no one from head office would ever come and check on me as they were all to scaired to come into the pubs. Heroin still haunts me today, I find myself thinking about it more than any other drug, I am still clean and have been for 5 years. I will remain clean for the rest of my life, however, I will also remain a Heroin addict the rest of my life. Some scars run deep and hurt more than others, problem is these are not normally visible.

Damn where did that come from, ok enough ramblings for now.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

4:04 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

4:08 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home