Friday, April 21, 2006

April 22nd

Right here we go again, you will have to put up with me ranting. Here we sit the day before (ok so actually 2 days before technically but you know what I mean as it is now night time) St Georges day, you remember that. It is the day of our patron saint. The date is the 23rd April. I am very patriotic, you cut me in half it says made in England. Tomorrow at work I will be suited and booted with My English flag tie on and my St George pin badge and my painted nails. Yes all of my nails are painted white with the red cross. So you get the idea. I had my nails painted a day ago as I can not get to the salon tomorrow to have it done. The amount of people that have asked me if I have a) had it done for the footie, or b) had it done because David Beckham paints is is unbelievable. Its even more unbelievable when I say no I had it done because it is St Georges day and people say oh is that soon? We celebrate St Patrick day and St Davids day more than we do St Georges. Even St Andrews day gets more hype leading up to it. So I want to go on record here and now, I am English, I will celebrate my patron Saints day. I am proud to be English. Our nation does more than any other for people of other cultures and beliefs and I am proud of this too.
What angers me is when people accuse me of being racist because I am proud to wear the St George and proud to say I am English.
Right Rant over, sorry :)

How am I? Well apart from being stressed over the business and majorly pissed off because I have been accused of being racist at least once today if not twice I am ok I guess. Yes I am depressed and yes I am angry, but the depression is not too bad and the anger is controllable at the moment. I am looking forward to Sunday and the local celebrations of St Georges day, we will go and watch the uniform organisations (scouts etc) with there parade and may even venture into Thameside and watch the jousting. This will be cool.

Hope you are all well

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home