Tuesday, August 23, 2005

23rd August

What a lovely morning, the sun is shining, the birds are singing, we have a babysitter for this evening!!!! All is perfect, well nearly. I have had a couple of rough nights and the insomnia is getting bad again. Still could be a lot worse.
Right now this blog is gonna take a strange turn here. I don't normally do politics or religion really in this blog, but there is something that I have to say. Firstly let me start by saying I do not understand world politics, nor do I really have a wish too. I spent a long time this week in reflection and tears. I was watching the news the other week when they were talking about the Gaza withdrawal. What they mentioned almost as an afterthought, was the wall being built around Jerusalem and huge amounts of the west bank. Forcing Palestinians to lose there jobs etc. As I say I don't understand it at all, I have visited Jerusalem and it is a beautiful place. Being the centre of most religions, surely this place should not be walled in? Or more importantly, people should not be walled out?
I remember watching the German wall come down, and the tears of joy and happiness that bought. It was amazing. Never in my life time did I think I would see another wall being built, especially in a place such as Jerusalem. More importantly, what are our esteemed government (and of course the leaders of the free world, America?) doing about it? Absolutely nothing, I have not even seen it mentioned on the news recently. So that is why I am sad, over something I don't understand, all I know is it is wrong, and yet no one seems to know about it, let alone care about it.
Sorry Rant over.

I am good, other than feeling a little down and sleep deprived. I trained last week and intended to today, but have just realised I should have been there about half an hour ago. Still, I trained last week!!!!! Yehaaaaaa, back to kickboxing, my back and arms and legs only hurt for 4 days afterwards!!!! Still it was worth it.
This weekend is GreenBelt, I am still toying with the idea of running down for a day on the Saturday, I would have loved to come for the weekend, but things as they are contrived against that idea, still a day is better than none at all.

Anyhow, I got to run.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home